Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2014

2013 - in English

It was a quiet year, we are living like on an island. The streets around our house are being renewed and there were many days when we could not leave our house. Now they have put up a new lantern right in front of our bedroom. We can now read in bed without a lamp. But thats life and we have to take what we get.
Luckily we have wonderful help by our neighbours. They get us fresh morning rolls, take the garbage can out, feed the birds etc.

I was away in a clinic for a four week rehabilitation. My legs did not get much better in this time. Now that it is cooler I lost a lot of water from the legs.

While I was away my beloved aunt Brigitte (father's sister) passed away. She became a kind of mother to me after my mother had died so young. We talked a lot on the phone and she knew a lot about the time in East Prussia. I miss her dearly.
In August my cousin Elisabeth (daughter of my mum's sister Grete) passed away suddenly from a stroke. She was only 9 months senior to me and we grew up together, had our first dates together. It makes me very sad.

But we also had some good days. Tobias got married to his Tatjana. It was a wonderful sunny day and all went well. My Ex-husband Wolfgang gave them his parents' house to live in. It had been empty for nearly 15 years and needs a lot of renovating done. But they are young and strong.

Sabine and Tom still live in Frankfurt with their daughters Marlene and Lucia. They are both so cute and we love to have them around which is sadly not very often.

We did not travel this year, I still cant drive long distances but I hope that we can go to Sweden somehow next year. I am still dreaming of going to Wisconsin again but it would be too expensive as I would have to pay for two seats due to my big backside (Dieter as well)
So I „travel“ with postcards. I am member of postcrossing and swap-bot. Dieter takes care of our dachshund Stella, she keeps him busy.

Keine Kommentare: